Building My Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

guaterickie

Beta member
Hello all i am heavily considering building my own computer. so far all of the parts that im thinking of buying will be from newegg.com, if anyone sees any other good deals for the parts i have selected please link me. the monitor i have selected is a bit pricey in my opinion so if anyone has a link to another good one (doesn't have to be 19") then please show me that. preferably to be priced around 100 dollars or so. this computer build is so far $695 with shipping and handling included. i would like to drop that as much as i can. thank you!

Computer Case - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel, SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Mother Board - ASUS M2N Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 430 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Processor - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADO3600DDBOX - Retail

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

RAM - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ - Retail

Graphics Card - EVGA 128-P2-N441-LX GeForce 7300GT 128MB GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Monitor - Hanns·G HW-191APB Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail (is there any cheaper one than this that is pretty good, doesn't have to be 19")

DVD/ROM things - Sony NEC Optiarc 18X DVD±R DVD Burner, OEM Version Black SATA Model AWG170S-B2 - OEM

why do you have the sony dvd-rom? do you really need two optical drives? Also, I'm sure you can get cheaper ram if you look hard enough.

@fastrandstrongr - well some of these things i picked out myself like the RAM but one of my friends picked out the rest and he seems to know a lot about computers so i left those two drives in there. do i only need one? i was thinking they were both like the same thing. which one should i get rid of?

@S0ULphIRE- thanks im definitely going to do that. only 16 bucks more for 90 gigs sounds very good to me. ill look around for some cheaper 2 GB ram. thanks everyone

if someone else has more suggestions please feel free to comment.

whoa nice, at first my price was 675 dollars. i put in all of the things that b1gapl suggested and got rid of the other ones and now my price tag is 675 dollars. its still the same price but now i have like triple the space and cheaper RAM and a good SATA optical drive. thanks a lot b1gapl. any more suggestions further than that? i was told i needed a modem card or ive seen it on a tutorial on how to build a computer. do i need one because i dont see one on my list...also if anyone has seen a good monitor for cheap direct me to it.

ok i updated the list with all the other things and i decided to go with 104 dollar RAM that you suggested b1gapl, but when i looked at the name of both it was like the same. what was the difference?

You don't need a modem card, unless you're using dial-up, which I'm assuming you're not. But the motherboard has an onboard network card for internet.

This is a pretty good valued cheap monitor:
Newegg.com - Hanns·G JW-199DPB Black 19" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 700:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

Actually the monitor you chose is good enough. Stick with that.

Actually I have a build here that's just under $500, and is better:
Case - Cooler Master Centurion 5
Motherboard - Biostar TForce 550
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane
RAM - G. Skill 2GB NQs
Graphics - EVGA 7600GT
Power supply - FSP Group (Fortron Source) 400W
Hard drive - WD 160GB hard drive
Optical drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner

Just change the hard drive into the Seagate 320gb, I showed you earlier.

ok good no modem card no i dont have dial up, i guess ill stick with my monitor. well these specs look very good as they are but like I said if there are any more suggestions feel free to post. also what is turtile talking about when he asks if i have a PSU? do i have one...sorry im new to this

The PSU is the power supply. And it's the most important component to a computer system. Don't skimp on this part, because if it goes down, it could potentially, take down your whole system with it.

P.S. - look at the build I posted ^.......and see if you like it. It's just under $500. It has a better graphic card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom