Hunting Down a EVGA 8800GTS 320mb...

Status
Not open for further replies.

slashnmash

Baseband Member
I am having real trouble finding one of these in the UK where they are actually in stock :( Ebuyer, OCUK, scan are all out of stock and I have been hunting on google to no real avail. Is the EVGA version really worth it compared to the BFG GTS which is a lot easier to get and a bit cheaper. The step up program seems to make it worth it but I don't particularly enjoy waiting for things to come in stock. Hopefully they will be back in stock by monday when I do plan on ordering my rig.

Please help :)

Thanks.

There is infact no difference in the physical cards the only advantage is that they have the "90 Day Step Up" progam thing where you can get a newer, better card for the difference you paid. I would just get the BFG, Leadtek or XFX card as there is little to no difference anyway!

Theres not alot of difference between the brands and cooler. It just the warranty and clock speeds (if it's factory overclocked), that makes them different.

Theres not alot of difference between the brands and cooler. It just the warranty and clock speeds (if it's factory overclocked), that makes them different.

I dont think even the coolers are different on the 8800 series cards, they are still all on the Stock nVidia Coolers!

For the 90 day step up thing though, is it worth waiting and paying extra?

No. If you want a newer card after you buy this, just sell it and buy a new one! A lot of the time you end up saving more money anyway since in the step-up program, they subtract how much you paid in the beginning from the MSRP (which is a lot higher then street price except for realyl new cards) to find how much you have to pay to step up. Only time it would be useful is if a price cut lowered the msrp within the 90 days but that doesn't happen often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom