$700 including case and OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 7900GS is the most powerful out of all those. At that resolution it should play most games at medium quality (newest at low at 1600x1200)

Still just understand that if you like good visuals and good frames a mid-line card isn't usually something to buy on a screen that large...

Thanks, will it play any Harry Potter games likely to come out in the next couple years? If so, I should be fine. And where (besides the monitor) do you think I should cut back in order to afford the better card?

i agree get the fsp 400w, x2 3600+ brisbane, biostar t-force 550, and the arctic cooler freezer 64 and you'll be set. honestly i don't know if you'd even see the difference between the 3800+ and the 3600+ plus the brisbane will oc like a champ if you want some extra power.

FPS usually are very tough on games...aside from CS:S.

Most games in the past year wont run the best. You do understand that the 7600GT is a budget card that was released way back in march of 06 (was mid-line when released) and 22inch is the biggest standard resolution that people play on. You will be playing on lowest or maybe medium on a few easier games released in the past year or so. However a 19 inch with a 7600GT isn't as bad (medium-low on average)

7300gt runs source on high settings with 60 fps standard maps on a 19inch monitor, so dont say a 7600 gt wont run games fine. but i do agree that a 7600 gt isn't worth recommending, get a 7600gs if you want to stay in budget or x1950pro (better than -> at stock) or 7900gs (slower but cheaper and oC` better than <--)

7300gt runs source on high settings with 60 fps standard maps on a 19inch monitor, so dont say a 7600 gt wont run games fine. but i do agree that a 7600 gt isn't worth recommending, get a 7600gs if you want to stay in budget or x1950pro (better than -> at stock) or 7900gs (slower but cheaper and oC` better than <--)

I stated in what you quoted that Source was not a very demanding game...I didn't say it won't run any games but most it won't.

Go with a Biostar Tforce 550.

And like said the Biostar TForce550 would be a better choice.

i agree get the t-force 550

OK, why? The only reason I ask is because I see it has better sound and north bridge chip, but it only supports 4gigs of RAM and has a fan on the north bridge. My last mobo (MSI K8N Neo4/SLI) crapped out after less than 2 years because the fan burnt out on the north bridge. Am I being supersticious, or do those fans do the job?

The Tforce 550 is known as the best budget overclocking AM2 board there is. It is a very nice board for the money is all.

Thanks, and if I'm not overclocking will it make a difference regarding performance or especially reliability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom