Computer pooped out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane12m

In Runtime
It has to be plugged in to turn on..with a working battery..when yo turn it on it makes a little beep like its starting like its restarting when it has been shutdown wrong. and nothing appears on the screen and it makes sounds like its trying to start

this laptop is about a year old...

by the way im posting this on another computer

ok first off...proof read you posts before posting them. I had to read this 3 times before I understood what you were saying. second, there is no way we can help you without more from you. what kind of laptop is it? when did it start doing this? do any lights come on the laptop when you turn it on?

yes two lights are on..the battery light and the power light

and all we know is that its a Toshiba Satellite with an Intel Celeron M processor
1 gig of ram he installed but it came with 256. Thats all I know as its my brothers and he doesn't know exactly what kind of processor speed it has

oh it started doing this about a month ago

do you know if it ever worked after he installed the new ram? try taking out the new ram and putting in the old. it could just be a problem with that.

I wish but he got the new ram I think a month after he got the laptop..and it worked great with it for quite some time

we can hear the computer running but honestly I dont know for sure but im 99 percent sure it is though

so your sure that nothing ever comes up on the screen? not even bios or anything? and describe these beeps that you hear in more detail. is it just one beep?

one beep and then nothing else comes on the screen at all. and its the beep that sounds like the choose startup mode sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom