Modding Mouse LED

Status
Not open for further replies.
my fingers arnt components -.-
also, i wanna try this out too, will a 4kmcd white led work?

eh...fingers aren't important. you don't really ever use them.

I don't know if the 4kmcd will work because I don't know what the voltage of the led that is in the mouse is. if they are the same, then I think it should work. just make sure they are the same or use resistors to make them the same.

so i would apply voltage to the led in question, wave it around in front of the sensor to see if reacts?
can i find out the voltage the mouse gives by multimetering the led on the mouse while its on?

can i find out the voltage the mouse gives by multimetering the led on the mouse while its on?

im pretty sure that that would work. then to see if the wattage is the same, put the meter on resistance mode and test the two and see if they are the same. be sure to do that when the mouse is off.

now, I could turn out to be completely wrong about this, but I don't think I am.

well it wouldnt give you the wattage, but if the values were the same for both leds, then I think that means that the wattages are the same

so im looking for same voltage and resistance?
also, wouldnt an infrared led be cool, invisible mouse mod

i dont know if your meter has this, but mine has a diode mode that you can use. try that. wattage is the main thing, but you want to make sure that the led can handle the voltage that is being applied to it.

If you change the color of the LED in the center of the mouse near the optical doo-hicky it may not function properly, but that LED in the back of the mouse is just for looks and it won't affect anything if you change that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom