computer wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf998

Solid State Member
ok so i got a computer from a garage sale and I'm trying to get it running. I've tried putting in a new power supply, a boot disk, and i tried a new video card. i cant seem to figure out why it wont start.
right now i have it stripped down to just a cnr video card, a hard drive, and cd drive. the motherboard is a intel d850gb. when i push the power button everything gets power and spins normally but nothing comes up on the screen and it never gets to the point where it gives a beep code.
i noticed a led on the mother board that is labeled "cr6f1" comes on when ever it is plugged in but i haven't found the meaning to that, i was thinking it was an indication of a system error or something. if you have any ideas i would appreciate the help.

since ive had it it has never started, and if it is a corrupted mobo then that i could fix by simply replacing it right?

It could be the mobo , just make sure the other mobo you have can take the memory and cpu and so on.

If everything is running completely normal except for the screen it could be that there is a problem with he screen or the screen isnt getting power. It could be if the screen is plugged directly into the psu (for power), it may be that the psu isnt capable of handleling all the hardware plugged into it.

What psu do u have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom