Processor switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

cikrum

Baseband Member
Hello,
About a year ago I built my own computer. I am looking to upgrade the processor now to dual core, but I am not sure if there are anything I should do first. Does the computer just recognize the processor? Do I need to tell the computer somehow or just switch it out and the computer figures it out?
Thanks alot
Cikrum

I would flash the bios to the newest version for support (should already support it) and download the latest patch for Windows.

What is the Processor is a new type or core like "SanDeigo" to "Denmark" would this change anything.
And how do I flash my Bios...what does this intittle
Thanks
Cikrum

What is the Processor is a new type or core like "SanDeigo" to "Denmark" would this change anything.
And how do I flash my Bios...what does this intittle
Thanks
Cikrum

The word your looking for is "entail"

Anyways.
It will require you to go the manufactures website, locating your specific motherboard and downloading the BIOS flash/install file for your exact model of owned motherboard.

Most can be run from within windows.

Still confused? Read the online manual at the same site for your specific motherboard.

i doubt you would need to flash the bios but one thing that i assume u know but just wanted to mention none the less: make sure that the new dual core fits the slot on your mobo. ie for amd dont buy an am2 proc if u have a slot 939 mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom