Intel Vs AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invisible

MetalHead Techie
everyone says that AMD is behind intel and the intels core 2 duos dominate the athlon x2's
well right now i am deciding between the AMD x2 6000+ and the intel e6600 core 2 duo. i went to computersoc.com and asked them and they said i should go with intel but wouldnt tell me why. the 6000+ has better speed, higher voltage, and higher HT (w/e that is). they told me that the intel was better Overclocking but then they said it depended on the voltage and AMD has higher. they are they same price and both include fan+heatsink. What do you guys recommend.?

Go with Intel, just because its the "it" thing right now, cheap, and very easily overclockable. Also, nowadays, you cant compare processor base on clocks or even that much by FSB.

I agree with the above post, and to me theres honestly no competition. For any system over 750$, a core 2 duo is a definite must by over any AMD processor. Just look at all the benchmarks and reviews at respected sites, in some of them core 2 duos totally blow away AMD processors stock and overclocked.

I agree with the above post, and to me theres honestly no competition. For any system over 750$, a core 2 duo is a definite must by over any AMD processor. Just look at all the benchmarks and reviews at respected sites, in some of them core 2 duos totally blow away AMD processors stock and overclocked.

stock...meh.
overclocked c2d all the way.

or to build a budget system......... intel for now amd is the future give it 6months and they will be back on top again

Hense the $750+ comment. AMD will not be on top. You're only on top when people actually buy your **** products. If AMD comes out with a killer true 4-core cpu, and it totally omg ubber ownz intel, it will still run SOOO hot, be a total power hog, and cost WAAAAAAAY too much. Intel has enough wealth to lowsell AMD, and right now... WE DON'T NEED FASTER PROCESSORS. Once DX10 really gets into the mainstream a year plus, then we'll need more speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom