Monitor & Box for $1000 Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacerX

Baseband Member
Hi, I'm building a computer for my friend and she wants one with a large flat panel monitor, mostly to mess around with Adobe In-design CS2, Publisher, Adobe Photo Shop, Adobe Illustrator, and some minor gaming from time to time (like Harry Potter and Siberia series).

I think the most important componant is the monitor. Her eyes bother her and she spends a lot of time in front of screen so a big, clear monitor would really be a delight to her (the bigger the better). She's given me only $1000 and this will be my second build. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

P.S. She will never even dream of overclocking this rig, and will most likely not be playing any FPS, so please keep that in mind if you have any ideas.

I don't do builds but heres what I'll say;
C2D
2GB ram
decent video card
250gb HD
23" widescreen LCD monitor
etc

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'll never buy Samsung, and will never recommend it. I wouldn't care if it was 100x better 1/10 the cost and came with a hooker. I refuse to give Samsung my money for ANYTHING.

Although my reasons are purely personal, so take it with a grain of salt.

A StablePower is a much more "solid" psu then that. High efficiency, oem is Enhance (iirc) and doesn't have Fuhjyyu caps (like the Rosewill)..

I really like how just cause Jonnyguru put up a decent review on a Rosewill, people suddenly think they're the best ones you can get. Give me a break....

And I was gonna put that cheaper Samsung but I decided not to cause this one has a higher contrast ratio and just plain looks cooler :).

No overclocking=no need for good RAM. The lower timings do basically nothing for performance, like 0.0001% maybe.

no need for good ram? lol, so your saying the ram you posted isn't as good as the ram i posted but yours costs $20 more.

about the PSU, i haven't heard anything good about xclio power supplies so i recommended otherwise. to a psu i have heard good things about.

just plain looks cooler doesn't really warrant spending an extra what? 80 dollars?

all i was doing was putting out other alternatives that the poster may want to take a look at as well. you dont need to jump my crap about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom