Windows Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krtf4u_corsair

Solid State Member
I am wanting to upgrade my computer from XP to Vista, and I was just wondering if that would be a smart thing to do right now because I have heard some nightmares about software compadibility problem. Like less than half of their software working in Vista that worked in XP. I have a year old pc that doesnt have no extremely old software none older than 5 years old. So any help would be greatly apreciated!

I use a lot of software, and have zero compatibility issues. It seems to be more of an issue with x86 vs x64 (32-bit vs 64-bit) for most software. If you're fairly regular, I bet the main thing you'd need would be new anti-virus/internet security.

I've seen a few friends upgrade too, and like above, no big problems with the exception of 64-bit.

the difference is the processor type the os runs on, the way the os and processor handles each thread and command

More info then you ever wanted... -Wiki

Yup, 64 bit seems to run a bit faster, but what I tell my friends (joking-ly), "that's just 'cause it can't run everything you want". It's just the Win64 32-bit emulation isn't the best, and very little software has released updates for the 64 bit...soon though...maybe in a year or so. :)

peterhuang913, can you generalize that any more? Hah!

That's a big thing to note - 32-bit has a maximum amount of usable memory at approximately 3 GB. (Just a FYI.)

ohhh ok that make complete secse, so 64 bit allows the computer too reconize more ram, how much can a 32 bit system recognize (i highly doubt that i have too much only 1 gig). so would the 32 bit be sufficent for everyday computing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom