Corrupted Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriEclipse

Daemon Poster
My Fraps folder had been growing progressively huge lately. I have an almost OCD-like need to take screenshots in my games, and I'd collected quite a large number over the past few months. There were well over 100K .jpg files in my Fraps folder. Today when I logged on, I found that FRAPS wasn't starting by iteself. When I tried to manually start it, it said fraps.exe could not be found. When I checked the actual folder, the properties said it was empty and I couldn't access it, instead getting the error;

C:\Fraps is not accessible.
The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

However, even though it says that the folder is empty...there is still something the size of 25-30GB taking up space in my hard drive. That's how much space my pictures (that I intended to burn off soon) took up on my HDD.

Any ideas? Perhaps too many files in one folder? Can I retrieve those files in any way?

I cannot.

But when Windows started under safemode, I got this error;

Also, when I restart Windows, every time, it says that one of my disks needs to be checked for consistency. The one time that I let it continue, it started deleting some files. I wasn't sure what it was deleting, so I cancel it every time since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom