how bout this build around $500

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems pretty good to me. but if ur gsming go for a c2d system. maybe a e6420 and a cheap 775 mb like one from the abit series.

Why are you going for socket 939? It's getting outdated. Besides, the ram you picked won't be compatible with socket 939, because it is DDR2, when 939 only supports DDR. If you want AMD go socket AM2. Or like baron5 said, a C2D which is socket 775.

Since you're on a tight budget, just get the G. Skill NQs:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Cheaper, and a good alternative to the HZs.

For just under $500, I'd suggest:
Case - Cooler Master Centurion 5
Motherboard - Biostar TForce 550
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane
RAM - G. Skill 2GB NQs
Graphics - EVGA 7600GT
Power supply - FSP Group (Fortron Source) 400W
Hard drive - WD 160GB hard drive
Optical drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner

Can you guys show me some examples of what you guys are talking about?

I want to go 939 because Opty 165 still is one of the best cheap processors that still compares to the high end intel's OC'd. Now, what ram is good that I could get to work with my mobo.

the 939 is not that big of a deall. when it comes time to upgrade i can buy a new mobo as well

theres no point in buying an old chipset wen its already outdated just get a am2 or a 775. either chipset will give u better performance.

since u can save money on the nq's get the e6320 or e6420 and a cheap mb.

... omg u used socket 939, which uses ddr ram not the current ddr ram, ditch taht build and build a cheap core 2 duo based system or use the one b1gapl listed

yes depending on what u intend on using ur system for, AMD or Intel may fare better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom