Coolmaster Centurion Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot2011

In Runtime
I am looking to finalize my build and I have a question about whether I should get the case with the side air duct or with window? Additionally, will the 1 80mm front fan and the one 120mm rear fan be sufficient to cool a E6600 + EVGA 8800GTS 640mb with 2 320 seagate barracudas in raid 1? I will be overclocking as well and I just want to make sure I keep this new rig nice and cool.

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel, SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-WW Black/Silver Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

I think it would be better, if you go with the vented one, instead of the window. The 8800GTS puts out quite a bit of heat.

I don't know what your budget is but I just picked up an Antec 900 case and that thing is awesome... Plenty of air flow with a side window... Even has the option of putting a fan in the side window if you want but it isn't needed..

I love it thus far...:D

Okay that's what I was curious about. While the window case would look nice with all the pretty blue lights, keeping my system cool and working properly is way more important than looking good.

also the centurion 5 has this air filter system, which can filter out dust from the air so ur parts are cleaner... i'm gonna be using it for my next build

also the centurion 5 has this air filter system, which can filter out dust from the air so ur parts are cleaner... i'm gonna be using it for my next build

The case with the side vent and air duct?

Will this case keep my system cool enough even with overclocking? I am tyring to keep a budget of under 1250 and this case fits very nicely into my budget. I will entertain any and all options, however, I can't see spending $100+ for a mid-tower case unless there is no other option.

MSI P6N SLI Platinum LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

Rosewill RP550V2-D-SL 550W SLI Ready-ATX 12V V2.01 Power Supply - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6600 - Retail

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ - Retail

(x2) Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write Black SATA Model LH-20A1S - Retail

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom