Can Nvidia 8800GTS 320MB Handle This Much Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still wondering what cpu and how much ram he has, its all very well having a 8800 but you need the cpu power to push the card

In the CPU department as long as I'm concern a 2.4Ghz is a safe bet CPU even for a GTX ( I'm talking about CD2 here I don't know but I think that with AMD you need to overclock the CPU around 2.6GHz or more, obviously with a more faster CPU he don't need to worry about bottlenecking.

well im kind of confused... my RS6 runs smooth as, i only got 1 8800GTX, running full settings @ 1680x1050, looks **** nice, not choppy at all, sitting on 60fps i'd say but i admit i havent checked. it doesnt look like it is running anywhere near 30fps

well im kind of confused... my RS6 runs smooth as, i only got 1 8800GTX, running full settings @ 1680x1050, looks **** nice, not choppy at all, sitting on 60fps i'd say but i admit i havent checked. it doesnt look like it is running anywhere near 30fps

With HDR and all the other eyecandy? I'd like to see a screenshot of that...

i have been unable to find out if the 8800GTS 320MB would be able to play games on this monitor. Getright Computers - - BenQ FP222W 22" 5ms Wide LCD Display

because i have read that the card will struggle on the resolution of 1650x1050 or any bigger. I want to know if the card could handel without such games like C&C 3 rainbow six vegas and as such on high settings while running vista?
I have an 8800 GTS 320MB, and a 22" monitor at 1680x1050
it runs 99% of games really well at that resolution, including C&C 3

If you have an 8800 GTS 320MB and play C&C3, I think you'll need to worry more about your CPU than your video card.
And that's only if there's a lot of units, and a lot of things happening.

Though my 6000+ at 3.4GHZ runs it well.

Although Rainbow Six: Vegas has a huge demand on system requirements, I'd say thats more likely due to bad coding. Althought the Unreal 3 engine looks impressive...it definately doesn't meet the looks/performance ratio in my opinion.

Vegas is a 360 port and as such runs like $!!T.

make sure you don't go cheap on the processor here, as you do need a good one to push an 8800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom