/2 WTB Epic [CPU Cooler of the Infinite]

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuaziBee

Daemon Poster
Okay, so I don't need the ultimate cpu cooler but if anybody wants to recommend a decent one for a socket 775 (Intel Core2Duo 2.4 e6600) I am all ears. I don't want to go water on this machine and I would like to keep the price less than or equal to a Grant (Thats gangster for $50, I think...).
When I build my submerged machine I will keep you guys posted with the progress. BTW, If anybody can give me a good deal on 5gallons of silicon oil I would eager to talk to you.

thermal right 120 ultra w/ fan>tuniq>scythe mine>arctic freezer pro 7

for budget go freezer pro 7 its really really great cooling for that price. if u want maximum cooling go tt ultra w/ a fan or tuniq tower both very close, the tt ultra having slight lead in temps

there pretty much the same, the tt with fans might be 1c different but if u put in a better fan in the tuniq i would make it even again maybe tuniq 1c better

there pretty much the same, the tt with fans might be 1c different but if u put in a better fan in the tuniq i would make it even again maybe tuniq 1c better

No, as there is no difference between temps with the tuniq's fan on min and max.

With tower sinks, the fan rarely makes much difference with most CPUs, as there is such a large area for the heat to be dissapated into, so the fins are not very far above ambient, and so airflow makes little difference. When my C2D is fully loaded at 60C, the fins/heatpipes on my TT120 don't feel warm at all.

Personally, I would say the performance gain of the Thermalrite Ultra 120 Xtreme is not worth the money over the Tuniq Tower.

it doesnt even beat the tuniq most times and when it does it only like 1-2c diff. and there bout same price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom