Budget PC, Brisbane or Windsor core?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz stock and a 4400+ Brisbane 2.3 GHz stock can both be oc'ed to say 2.8 steady and will process as virutally identical chips?

Yes, because they are the same chips. Just that the 4400+'s stock is clocked higher. They both have around the same overclocking potential.

Yes, because they are the same chips. Just that the 4400+'s stock is clocked higher. They both have around the same overclocking potential.

ya the x2 3600+ has the more bang for the buck, not to mention its cheaper :).... its way easier to overclock the x2 3600+

Wow, ok thanks for the replies. You saved me $50! Actually, that gives me $50 to drop into the video card.

I was looking at the Geforce 8600GT. The specs say it has a core clock of 540MHz. The 7600GT specs show 560MHz.

I'm still going with the 8600 because of the DirectX 10, but does the core speed matter? Or can the video card be easily oced to a higher MHz anyway?

they are really the same thing... overclock the 8600gt, because their cooler is decent....

btw if u get a dx10 card, get a 8600gts atleast... because the rest really stink, because they will struggle with dx10 games.... rumors say that the 8800gts 320mb might not be enough for dx10 gaming, if u can get a x1950pro or something

Ok, I can't find an x1950pro with DirectX 10

ya the x1950pro is a dx9 card... i'm saying get it and upgrade later to a 9 series dx10 card (when it comes out), more capable of handling it, otherwise its like back when it was dx9 that was new and one had an fx5500 which was one of the first dx9 card.... but then it struggled in the dx9

btw if u get a dx10 card, get a 8600gts atleast... because the rest really stink, because they will struggle with dx10 games.... rumors say that the 8800gts 320mb might not be enough for dx10 gaming, if u can get a x1950pro or something

I hate how people still say 8600's suck just cause all the reviews were when it cost $200.. Draw your own conclusions, don't just take it from whatever you effing read.

An 8600GTS is the same thing as the 8600GT except clocked lower and when overclocked the GT slightly beats the GTS stock. (the GTS does have more overclocking potential though but it's not worth it since you seem to be on a tight budget). And at those speeds, it compares to or beats the X1950Pro and also gives you DX10 as an added bonus + new video decoding tech.

It is true however that you shouldn't buy these cards if you're looking for them to play DX10 games well but I'm sure they will play them decently enough.. You obviously won't be playing Crysis with max settings with AA/AF but med-high + tiny bit of aa/af at a lower resolution seems to be reasonable. Unoptimized, it's been shown that a GTX can play it max with a high resolution well so I think the 8600's will do ok.. And the DX10 stuff so far that's been released has only been ports or patches so you really can't say from them who demanding dx10 will really be.

A little bit of tweaking with my set up and I have room in my budget for the 8600GTS 700MHz. That is of course unless you guys talk me into buying something a little bit more expensive. hehe

After changing my build setup at least 9 times, I think I have the best setup for my $. I'm really looking forward to putting this baby together. I get paid Friday and hopefully have everything early next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom