Finished builded but have a question....

Status
Not open for further replies.
In most cases with the motherboards I have seen, when the BIOS asks you to hit F1 to continue it means that the CMOS was either cleared or the battery is in fact dead. So you might want to check the manual for something pretaining to that. Or at least check the CMOS Setup for a reason/option why it would prompt you like that

In most cases with the motherboards I have seen, when the BIOS asks you to hit F1 to continue it means that the CMOS was either cleared or the battery is in fact dead. So you might want to check the manual for something pretaining to that. Or at least check the CMOS Setup for a reason/option why it would prompt you like that

How do I fix the CMOS from being cleared..

If the battery is indeed dead, you would need to replace it.

Probably the easiest way to solve/troubleshoot this problem would be to do just that. If you replace the battery and it still happens, then there is something else wrong. And hey, you now have a backup CMOS Battery.

If the battery is indeed dead, you would need to replace it.

Probably the easiest way to solve/troubleshoot this problem would be to do just that. If you replace the battery and it still happens, then there is something else wrong. And hey, you now have a backup CMOS Battery.

But, If the battery is dead, the monitor doesn't come on right, because on my old old old computer, I had to replace the battery and nothing showed up on my monitor. It only said no signal. But everything works, its just that everytime I restart or turn on the computer, I have to press F1.

But, If the battery is dead, the monitor doesn't come on right, because on my old old old computer, I had to replace the battery and nothing showed up on my monitor. It only said no signal. But everything works, its just that everytime I restart or turn on the computer, I have to press F1.

A dead CMOS Battery usually does NOT result in a failed POST, it just won't keep any settings youve changed. Or time as mentioned.

ok well, I'll go to radio shack an by a new battery, btw, how much do these special types of batteries cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom