Meh a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phase-Six

In Runtime
So the other day I messed up my windows xp and I was wondering if I could plug 2 sata harddrives together (I have like 4 slots to plug into) and install windows on one and clear the messed up harddrive. Just wondering if windows would bring up the messed up harddrive or something. Btw on the messed up windows harddrive what it does is Just keep restarting and wont let me choose the option "Open windows with command prompt" or whatever. So yeah thats my plans obtain a cheap sata harddrive and then install windows, clear old harddrive I want to use out. and then install windows on that one. Just making sure my plan is going to work.

For once, PeterHuang has something of value to say. Reformat the "messed up" hard drive, and reinstall windows. Viola.

Okay im going to say this again. I cant get to anywhere with it plugged in to reformat it. I cant get into windows or get to the command prompt. Anywhere else I could do this?

you cant boot off cd?

nope when I do this it says create new directory or delete and I do both to see what it will do and it does nothing. So yeah Im just going to get this 39.99 harddrive so I can just clear the other one. Can I still do this?

If you get a new hd to clear the old one, i dont think thatll help. I think the current hd is dying.

If you get a new hd to clear the old one, i dont think thatll help. I think the current hd is dying.

But will it still clear it? Im willing to take the chance for it to clear it and if it doesnt work ill save for a new one. Btw I have another question. I have this mother board with a celeron in it and 1gb of ram and it takes agp. What are the chances of it take the old 2x/4x agp cards? I dont have the manual for this and I was thinking it is probably going to take 4x/8x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom