Replacement MOBO for Emachines W2888

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stock heatsink will be fine, unless your temperatures for some reason, are higher than normal. Or if you're overclocking.

Ok Great. From the front panel, The Power LED, Power Switch and HDD LED... Will the mobo instructions show where those hook in cuz I looked at the old motherboard instructions that I have now and it didnt say where to connect those three wire's at...

Yes...the motherboard should tell you where to connect the front panel connectors. And if they don't just ask us.

Ok.. The ONLY thing I should order is just a motherboard correct? And.. Any idea's on how to ground myself so I dont create an electrical shock to the mobo?

Either get a static strap, or ground yourself by touching any metal part of the case, for a few seconds.

Ok... I plan on getting a Linksys Wireless router... The router will have to be placed upstairs where we have our Motorola Gateway (Digital TV Service) and then the router will combine with the gateway. The computer I am rebuilding will go in my room which is about 30-50ft away from the router on the same level floor and this computer is downstairs which I already have a long ethernet cable running from here to the upstairs. Should I get a USB, or a PCI Card? Thanks

Ok. Great... Are recomendations on the router? Like the WRT54G? Also, Can a network still be created between two computer with the linksys wireless router and one computer using WinXp Home (this one) and the one im rebuilding using Vista (Mine)? Or do they both need to be on the same OS? And.. Will there be a problem if there is two walls that are before my room where the computer will be located? Will that decrease signal?

I have the WRT54G. No problems. Be sure to call Linksys and let them walk you through setting it up because you will probably need a firmware update and to set up encryption.

I dunno about file sharing between XP and Vista, though. I have a XP house.

Ok.. Great! Now what about those obstuction of the walls? Will that cause interference and there is also a 2.4GHz Cordless phone in our kitchen that is like 20ft. away from the router. The distance for the router to my room is about 40-50ft. with two walls of obstruction in the way. Would I also need to buy an access point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom