does anyone use siderbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

Mr Beans Sidekick
does anyone really even use the sidebar in vista? I always have it turned off and don't see much of a purpose for it and find it in the way and pointless.

I like it, if you have a large monitor. But that was when I was testing Vista RC, I don't really run Vista anymore. Might upgrade later.

I use the sidebar all the time. For the time, date, weather, CPU Meter, Uptime, among other things.

But mine is placed on my 2nd monitor to the right side where it is always out of the way of what ever i do.:D

I run XP, so I don't have the Vista sidebar. I do, however, use Yahoo Widgets, and keep them in their dock (sorta like a sidebar).

I do use a sidebar in Firefox, though, and feel lost without it. I have buttons on it for NewTab, Bookmarks, Downloads, CookieCuller, Add Ons, Get More Extensions, and Firebug.

nope ive disabled them as they use some of my CPU and RAM

Name me one thing that a computer uses that doesnt use CPU and RAM?;)

Everything uses CPU and RAM. It is just if you have enough to spare to allow the usage.

i find with my pc (only and a athlon 3800) that i can navigate quicker with the sidebar disabled

i also thin kthat they are silly (everyone will disagree with me on that one) like wiritng a little not to yourself wtf?, ok, the CPU and RAM dials are useful but the slideshow and that little game thing are pretty stupid

You are correct. Some gadgets are useless. But some others are very helpful. Like if you want the weather at a glance, time, date without having to bring up the Clock properties.

So some can be used for good thigns while most remain useless for the average user. I dont see why people want gadgets for games. Pointless. But i do use the gallery so i can have constant pics of my daughter rotating on my screen. Which is very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom