Vista Aero disabled on 32" Sharp Aquos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paliopetho

Solid State Member
I just replaced my 20" LCD with a 32" Sharp Aquos, conected to very well equiped gamer PC with a DVI to HDMI cable. DVD's and games run great, however Windows desktop is extremely pixalated, it is difficult to read what I have typed, images are blurry and Windows Vista Aero is completly disabled. Changing resolution only makes it worse. The least worst of which, is 1768*992 at 30 Hrtz. Please help...

Are you sure your graphics card can handle that resolution? Are you sure you have the latest drivers?

What is your graphics card?

I'm running dual nvidia 7950 gt's. 750W power supply. Driver are up to date. I'll try setting the resolution lower at 60 Hrtz. Higher resolutions don't alllow 60 Hrtz, thanks for the feedback

Lower resolution at 60Hrtz made the screen completly illegible. Currently, SLI is disabled, enabaling SLI makes the screen flicker and wont' run any games. I click on a game, the screen goes black and makes the computer restart, which then goes to the safe mode, normal mode prompt. Very strange. Is this problem fixable or did I just waste $1300? Please help, getting super frustrated.

No luck with any changes to resolution, or DPI changes. However I did replace the DVI to HDMI cable with a component video cable, which did make the pixalation/blurriness somewhat better. Text is more legibale now. Thanks for the feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom