Woot got my P5N-E!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad News guys....the board had issues which I knew could happen but hoped would be fine. The board has issues with the BIOS. They originally kept crashing regardless of any CMOS clear and now the board won't even turn on. Sigh I wonder how much money it's going to cost to send it back if they charge me 15% restocking fee....I may just stick with my motherboard and light up the whole fricking case with LED's so you can't even see the horrible power pin placement. That will hopefully do the trick lol....it was 87 open box and I think they will charge me around 13 bucks if I try to ship it back so I will have 75 bucks left over. That is enough to purchase a P6N open box heh...but I dunno since there really isn't any problem with mine in terms of working order. I guess I could just find something to spend the money on.

I think open box mobos are a pretty bad idea...who knows what someone else did with that mobo

Woah! I won't loose any money on this!

Of coarse they sent me the pre-paid shipping thing through e-mail so I don't have to pay that but then I just told them it was defective and there is no restocking fee. That's amazing becuase I figured that since it was Open Box I knew there was a very good possibility that it would not work but in the end it's going to take more days but not cost me money. Im not so sure if I want to send for another one or a different board or what.

Dude how can you possibly consider a open box mobo in the first place!??!
I expect more from someone that I consider wise in PC hardware... but a open mobo!?!? are you insane??!!

Anyway why don't you buy the mobo retail/new??

Because an open box P5N-E is 88 bucks and brand new is 135. I don't have 135 bucks but I did have 88. I knew that it was a gamble and Open Box mobos are, really if I wanted to I could just keep RMA'ing the mobo until I got a good one thats what people do when they have patience.

Because an open box P5N-E is 88 bucks and brand new is 135. I don't have 135 bucks but I did have 88. I knew that it was a gamble and Open Box mobos are, really if I wanted to I could just keep RMA'ing the mobo until I got a good one thats what people do when they have patience.

so ur saying u don't have patience???

Well in IMO what people do when they have patience is wait until you get the $135 and buy the retail one but thats just my opinion ;) .

However if you don't need a new mobo just want a new one (like in my case) If I was the one with the credit card I would not mind RMA'ing the board until I got a good one since most the majority of open box Mobo's that I have heard on Hardforums and OCN are good ones but it may take 2 or 3 times. Still though that will take 2 weeks or so but save you 50 bucks. I think it's a good deal. I didn't get lucky the first time but it happens If I want I can try again but I have figured out how to hide my horrible placement of the 24 pin and 4 pin CPU connector on the 965PT anyway. Heh thank you Flexforce cables on my Ultra PSU.

Well in IMO what people do when they have patience is wait until you get the $135 and buy the retail one but thats just my opinion ;) .

By the way since this thread is already active I want to ask you guys something that its been bothering me for a while.

I keep hearing about the Gigabyte mobo DS3 version 3.3 but I haven't found that one in newegg, that mobo is suppose to support CPU with 1333MHz FSB but the only one I found in newegg.com is this one:Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom