woot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

psp_crazy1

Daemon Poster
I got my power adapter in teh mail!!! My x1900xt is a HUGE improvement over the x300se :D

Only game i tried was tiger woods 07, maxed out, wow. nice frames. but it got really hot, so i took off the thermal grease and put on as5. it idles at 50, is that good?

i got an x1900xt (barebone, for 90 bucks w/ shipping) a few weeks ago. it didnt have a pcie power adaptor, so i couldnt use it. the power adapter came in the mail today, and i love this card, it just gets REALLY hot under full load.

oooh, well, I thought as long as it's under 80 that it's fine :)

but then again, I use Nvidia, so, not sure of the difference

happy%20and%20excited.jpeg

i def need better cooling. idles around 60, but man, oh man, when i did 3dmark05 (i didnt get 06 yet o.0) did it get hot. 100c hot. even w/ 2 fans full blast it isnt enough. i made the clocks go down, to give me a pathetic score of 6674. i need better cooling, ill try to add another fan. well, i also need to configure the ram and cpu to my likings (ram is at 5-5-5-15 ???) and all that. I'll do it all later. now i gotta go enjoy some burgers and swimming :D

wow, that is hot.

if it's at clock speeds, it should run a lot cooler than that.
you said you already put new thermal paste on there?

yea, i moved the fans around (they were originally on the opposite side of the hsf, which didnt make sense it it would only keep the card temp down, not the gpu/ mem), but now i moved them both blowing on the hsf, almost touching it at full blast, still 60c. i think it should go down to 50 after the burn in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom