8800gts 640meg

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuaziBee

Daemon Poster
So officially this card is nice. But which manufacturer makes the nicest? I've heard about problems with the cooling system on EVGA's and bottlenecks on another. I want to buy one, but I don't want to buy one that I'm going to RMA in a month.

evga is #1...plus they have the step up program which is......sorta nice. id say bfg is second best.

either way you go, if you're going to be doing any overclocking of the gpu, you should get an aftermarket cooler, so the evga stock cooling shouldnt be an issue to take into account (if youre oc'ing, that is)

Done and done. EVGA it is. I am not impressed with their cooler and if you could recommend one (non water) I would take it into serous account.

evga is #1...plus they have the step up program which is......sorta nice. id say bfg is second best.

either way you go, if you're going to be doing any overclocking of the gpu, you should get an aftermarket cooler, so the evga stock cooling shouldnt be an issue to take into account (if youre oc'ing, that is)

Ste and B1 said you don't need one thought :p

Done and done. EVGA it is. I am not impressed with their cooler and if you could recommend one (non water) I would take it into serous account.

THey all use the same reference design cooler except the KO and Ultra....

Anyway the Thermalright HR-03 is a nice cooler....just add a 92mm fan and it's quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom