What could be happening? My freakin' FPS drops like hell in CS

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
i used to get around 80-90 fps or so in CSS, now i'm barely getting by with 20-50 and it lags like crap in maps like aztec and assault; what could be the problem?

1.) i've gotten the virtual memory issue like 3 times...i have it set at 2000mb/2000mb
2.) no overheating or overclocking

settings:
1024 * 768

4aa/2af/all high

Lol I know you better than this but I feel it is standard to say it, have you done any driver updates lately? I would say do a rollback, or take out the card then re-insert it.

Can't see why it would do that all of a sudden.

no, see, the wierd thing is that i've had this problem for some time, but i figured it would eventually go away (which it did), and for the past week or so it has been coming back to haunt me

and no, i've been sticking with 71.89's ever since they've came out...hmm..maybe it could be the 71.89's problem?

Yeah but why would it be all of a sudden, or did it start it as soon as you put in that driver? It's weird it does it from only time to time then goes away, wonder if it would have to do w/ game issues.

kind of off topic but i thought u had a 2005fpw or whatever that one widescreen was.

on topic though, try blowing all the dust out of ur card and make sure it isnt overheating and causing it to lag and it could be your ping spiking also. or it could be drivers you never know. just keep on troubleshooting.

1.) mmkay i'll try new drivers tomorrow
2.) i'll try blowing teh dust too
3.) yes i do have a 2005fpw (20.1in widescreen 1680*1050 :D), but i li ke to play windowed in 1024*768 (i like multitasking)

spyware adware? trojans? they can slow your system down big time... are you having the same problem with other games? or just counter strike?

Re: What could be happening? My freakin' FPS drops like **** in CS

You should check to see what your automatic updates are scheduled for, both windows and your anti virus. I know they are defaulted to late evening or early morning and if your like me thats the best time to play CSS. Both of thoes processes can eat up system resources and would explain the 'randomness' of your problem.

Re: What could be happening? My freakin' FPS drops like **** in CS

I'm not a GPU expert, but I know my FPS always takes a crap if I I leave my computer on too long (about a day) without a restart. I would think something has started to hog up you CPU or memory resources. Check to see in the Task Manager if your computer is running at near 0% (as it should be) when idle before you start up the game. Also, if you leave your computer on for long periods of time, try a fresh restart, that may explain the randomness of the fps drop. Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom