Question about clocking on a GeForce Go 6150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane12m

In Runtime
So I want to know more about this clocking thing to increase my gaming performance...wat to adjust to increase my gaming performance in general

I dont know much about it all I know is a dont want a risk of ruining my motherboard or anything

its a AMD Turion 64 x2

with a gig of memory

could someone please elaborate for me and help me maximize the performance on my pc?

Thanks you so much .oh and its a windows vista premium with auro off

well as far as upgrading you can get more ram. chances are your laptop can take up to 2 gigs of memory, so I would advise that. A friend of mine had a sempron laptop with radeon xpress 200 graphics and 1.5gigs of ram and HL2 was very playable, so if you maximize your ram 1: you can dedicate more to your integrated graphics and still have a lot of system ram. 2: more ram is always good and helps performance period.

so focus more on more ram rather than a better video card because my cards base rating on vista is a 2.2 and its a Geforce Go 6150 with 64mb to video and what i dont get is my family computer has a crappy Media accelerator card with 32mb for games and it runs games better and has a 3.0 vista rating for games

well I think thats what I was thinking more ram ..you say 2 is the most it could get and if not how do i check to see what the most is i can get?

thanks for your help

oh one more thing can you take a memory stick from a same brand(hp) computer and put it into a notebook??

i dont think you can but it doesnt hurt to ask

No, you can't. They're different types. The one from the HP (desktop, I assume) are SDRAMs, and laptop memory are SODIMMs.

and since its turion it will use DDR SODIMMs most likely. if you are lucky then your laptop came with one stick of 1gig, if the manufacturer shorted you they have you 2 sticks totaling 1gig, and then you have to replace all the ram sticks with bigger ones.

download an app called cpu-z, its free and there is no install. on the memory tab it says what type of ram you have. tell what it says and we can tell you what kind you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom