Widescreen? or 4:3 Aspect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AP4LIFETN

Daemon Poster
name of thread says it all, which would you consider better for gaming? widescreen? or traditional 4:3

widescreen.... in some games u have more viewing area, compared to traditional 4:3 used....

comes in handy in halo :) i can duck the sniper rifle shot trailing towards me :0

true, but some games don't support WS, how do u set it to be normal without having it stretch? i played starcraft on my widescreen, and my eyes were killing me

well some monitors have an autoadjust feature, setting it at one resolution and auto expanding it.......

true, but some games don't support WS, how do u set it to be normal without having it stretch? i played starcraft on my widescreen, and my eyes were killing me

Games which aren't in a locked resolution (I can't remember if starcraft is or not) you can add this to the target of the .exe "+menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050" (minus the quotes) For example, Summoner: G:\Summoner\Summoner.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

Widescreen is easier to make and therefore cheaper, but if you actually do some math I believe the wide aspect ratio counts to a smaller viewing area for the same sized monitor.

Widescreen is easier to make and therefore cheaper, but if you actually do some math I believe the wide aspect ratio counts to a smaller viewing area for the same sized monitor.

But it looks better and is nicer to have a wider view. I'm running a 22" and a 19" (previously had 2 19's) and I'm very glad I bought my 22". It takes a few days to get used to, but I like it much better than a 4:3 ratio.

Definitely widescreen
Lets use KingAustin's sig for example:
widescreenzv6.jpg

big difference, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom