Help Me Build A New Computer!! Money No Option

Status
Not open for further replies.
JBOD? Elaborate if u please.....

JBOD is an acronym for "Just a Bunch Of Disks".

You can do this for multiple hard drives. It doesn't matter the disk capacity. Basically it just takes all the hard drives, and combines them into one hard drive. So it is recognized as one virtual hard drive. But there is no performance increase or security.

why wouldn't he get the superclocked with a huge budget like that? Save himself the and effort of doing it himself.

Q6600 is better, its just more expensive, but again that isn't much of an issue for him. Regardless of July 22nd, the Q6600 is better just more expensive before that date.

I guess, if money isn't an issue, but you're basically paying a $300 convenience fee for it to come overclocked out of the box. You'd be far better off giving your money to me....I mean....what?

Secondly, the Q6600 is basically two E6600 mashed in on chip, gets alot hotter and therefore is not as overclockable. Since vitrtually ZERO games use even dual core technology to the fullest right now, it may be a bit overkill to jump and get a q6600 now. If you REALLY love a quad-core, wait till intel comes out with a true quad core, rather than two core 2 duos mashed together...

I guess, if money isn't an issue, but you're basically paying a $300 convenience fee for it to come overclocked out of the box. You'd be far better off giving your money to me....I mean....what?

Secondly, the Q6600 is basically two E6600 mashed in on chip, gets alot hotter and therefore is not as overclockable. Since vitrtually ZERO games use even dual core technology to the fullest right now, it may be a bit overkill to jump and get a q6600 now. If you REALLY love a quad-core, wait till intel comes out with a true quad core, rather than two core 2 duos mashed together...

Supreme Commander uses multicore quite efficiently...and all the DX10 titles coming at the end of the summer will as well.

i would suggest getting an Phenom FX or Phenom, at least an 780x mobo to support 2 graphics cards *RD790 is crazy*. I cant believe i wanted the RD790 so bad that it's not worth it, lol stupid Wildside *palm to face*.

if ur going to stay with intel n want a true quad-core from them, since reading about the Q6600 is just 2 E6600's together, i suggest waiting for Penryn, it will be 45nm, which will be considerably OCable.

if money isnt an issue, then i suggest just getting the RD790 from AMD, 2 high-end Phenom FXs, 1 or 2 HD 2900 XTXs, that X-Fi with 64 VRAM, PhysX Accelerator for Crysis or other games *for me, Hellgate: London*, Hitachi 1TB 7200 RPM HDD, Raptor 36GB 15,000 RPM HDD, n last but not least, Artic Silver 5 thermal paste, and a full tower of ur choice.

P.S i highly not recommend the last paragraph, because that is my ultimate dream computer that will never happen with me lol.

well for the base system (not perphials )

Newegg.com - OCZ Flex XLC 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail (x2)

Newegg.com - Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFD 74GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM (x4) RAID 0

Newegg.com - XFX PVT71JYHE9 GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP ExTreme Edition Video Card - Retail (x2)

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-N680SLI-DQ6 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail (maybe)

Newegg.com - HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000 HDS721010KLA330 (0A34915) 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM (x1)

Newegg.com - SONY 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache E-IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner with LightScribe - Retail

Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 12X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 4X DVD+R DL 12X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-ROM 32X CD-R 24X CD-RW 32X CD-ROM SATA 2X Blu-ray Disc Triple DVD Burner - Retail (blu-ray)

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! bill is gonna get double lol)

Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGRPHYSX128P PhysX Processing Unit 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Physics Card - Retail

CASE - Newegg.com - RAIDMAX KATANA ATX-729FBP Black Tower Case With 225mm Blue LED FAN 450W Power - Retail

Perihipal

Mouse - Newegg.com - Logitech G5 2-Tone 6 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Laser Mouse - Retail

keyboard -http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126177

46 in monitor - Newegg.com - NEC Display Solutions LCD4610-BK-IT Black 46" 8ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 450 cd/m2 800:1 - Retail

if it comes in Newegg.com - VIGOR GAMING CLT-M2I 92mm Thermal Electric CPU Cooler - Retail

thats probably 10 k sorrow nothing else you can buy except windows i would go xp pro or media center but it is up to you to go vista ultimate or not , you make want to get fiber optic internet and a laptop and a good wireless laptop around 5k and of course network storage and a wireless media broadcaster and sling box and a psp and a xbox 360 and your set

LOL i think OP is pullin our chains though

^Yep....he pulled a khan on us. But why only 7950GT? They are not top of the line, in this budget. It should be either the 8800GTX or Ultra. The PhysX wouldn't be necessary, because the 8 series, can handle the physics. And that monitor is big, but has such a low resolution.

Metal heads suck.

Black with gold hardware Gibson Les Paul + a huge Marshall tube = orgasmic.. Surely, you have a few grand to give to me with you saving 20k and all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom