Asus p5n-e sli oc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nu2duo

In Runtime
So I took out previous asus mb out and put p5n in.
I've already begun to overclock with stock hsf for testing purposes.
So far I'm at 3132mhz. I've only raised fsb and vcore to 1.375.
Last night my house was very hot....89f and pc temps at idle 41c to 45c.
This morning I turn pc on and check out temps...idle 21c and during video encoding 25c.
Cpu z is showing my vcore of 2.192v and speedfan shows these idle temps:
core 0 and core 1 at 45c, Temp 1 21c and Temp 2 21c. During video encoding, core 0 & core 1 temps jumped to 63c while asus probe cpu temp maxed out at 25c. Which of these temps are true cpu #'s? Why would cpuz show my vcore that high when I have bios to 1.375?
BTW, the board is an open box from newegg. System is stable and hasn't crashed. As I type, asus probe shows cpu temp of 22c.
At the moment I'm hesitant to run Orthos.
Any suggestions or comments?

I'm at 3.2ghz with same stock hsf. Temps are as follows: idle 43c full load(orthos 10min) 56c....btw, I'm in bakersfield ca and currently, in my house, it's 31.1c or 88f. Yes, it's very warm and I have not turned on a/c.
As far as the vcore that worried me earlier, well, it must have been a sensor or something because since disconnecting my pc and some better mngmnt of cables, temps are stable. I have vcore at 1.4.

You're using the stock cooler...that's why the temps are high.....actually they're fine as long as you stay below 60c. You should get an aftermarket cooler, to lower the temperatures further. Use Core Temp. They are pretty accurate. CPU-Z has a tendency to show incorrect voltages.

You're using the stock cooler...that's why the temps are high.....actually they're fine as long as you stay below 60c. You should get an aftermarket cooler, to lower the temperatures further. Use Core Temp. They are pretty accurate. CPU-Z has a tendency to show incorrect voltages.

The fact that the current temp in my house is almost 90f degrees and my comp idles at 43c is not too shabby. Yes, I do need better cooling but if I had my pc in ideal settings, say a/c on and room temperature around 75f, I bet my pc would idle below 35c and full load at 50c or less. Again, not too shabby for having cheap stock hsf.
Previous temps with other mb and oc to only 3.0 were idle 31c and full load as high as 48c and thats while the room temp at around 80f.
I definitely will be getting a tuniq hsf.

Yea those are pretty good temps, from the ambient temp, and stock cooling. You must have good air flow in your case.

Currently it's 7:45am in bakersfield CA. and the current temp inside my house is 80f or 27c. My pc is idle at 97f or 36c. Oh, and I'm at 3.22ghz. I ran orthos for another 15min this morning and went as high as 118f or 48c.
I want to get to 3.3 or 3.4 with stock cooling. Then after that, I'll probably get better cooling.

You should run Orthos for at least 30 mins to an hour, to get a good load reading.

You should run Orthos for at least 30 mins to an hour, to get a good load reading.

I fell asleep and left orthos running for 2 hours. Temp was at 53c(127f)when I woke up...my house was again very warm, 88f. Guess you are right, my case has pretty good air flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom