Replacement MOBO for Emachines W2888

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
Does anyone know where I can find a GOOD mobo for a emachines replacement mobo. The mobo burnt out because of the Power Box. Theres this Biostar MOBO on newegg Newegg.com - BIOSTAR P4M80-M4 Socket 478 VIA P4M800 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail but I read alot of reviews on it and most of the people said it was DOA (Dead On Arrival) and had to send it back several times. Any other Socket 478 boards out there does anyone know?

Thanks!

Don't trust newegg reviews. Many of the reviews there, are done by idiots.

you'd do better going with a different CPU and board, as 478 has been long dead.

hahahaha 478 sockets are long gone, replace it with a new mobo :) get a... get a....

bisotar550
x2 3600+
g skill 1 gb ram
7600 gt

HA! i was just selling a e machines mobo on ebay that might have fit in to ure sys
But uh yhea get a socket LGA775 mobo and get a nice processor with it and if u get a new mobo then reinstall windows
or u could just get a new 478 mobo from emachines couldnt u

Ok.. Is there any mobo's on newegg that will fit the CPU I have now which is Intel CeleronR 2.80GHz/128/400??

All that will be perfectly fine, for email, surfing, music, pictures, and instant messaging.

Ok Great! What about the heatsink? Can I use the old one with the brackets or need to purchase a new one? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom