Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - where is/are the default boot loading screen file(s) located at??!!

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 05:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Chillin Techie
Default Re: where is/are the default boot loading screen file(s) located at??!!

Originally Posted by eyeCpc View Post
You would need either a supplied Windows recovery disk for a prebuilt system, an upgrade, or full version disk to see the I386 folder found there. To run the system file checker it will prompt for the disk if you don't have one in the drive in order to verify system files first and then scan for any corrupted or missing.

if you have an I386 folder, all you need is a bartpe cd to reinstall windows. I would back the I386 folder up to an usb hdd, but you don't have to.

you then boot off of the bartpe cd, then you head to the system 32 winnt.exe (correct me if I wrong about the file name warez) or setup.exe file. now if the window installer starts, exit it, as you will come back to it later. head to your C drive. delete your program file folder and your windows folder (delete your documents and settings folder if you don't want them, if you want them, rename the folder to old ). now restart the install. follow the direction until you are done.

when windows is done, copy the old folder to your new documents folder.

come to think about it, you can run a repair this way too, you just have run through the installation procedure first
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.