where is/are the default boot loading screen file(s) located at??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
anyone know where to find the default boot loading screen file(s)?

my computer went down Feb. *sig* because i accidently disabled my ATI 9200 n i replaced my default boot loading screen back in November with a customized one without noticing it. I dont want to buy Windows XP Pro so i can save money. I think i can get my computer up and running again only if i have the default boot loading screen file(s) put back in my HDD, my HDD is backuped in an external HDD. If any of u fine fellow geeks/nerds can help me out, much will be appreicated. Thx.

-Wildside

Those are usually found in the root of the Windows directory like the "winnt.bmp" file. Without which cab file on the Windows install disk to expand those from with that being needed the alternative is to substitute the default splash screen as if you planned to substitute. Windows Article - Welcome

Without a recovery or regular install disk you won't be able to repair or reinstall Windows there. Before you did either of those there's one other thing besides copying the file to a floppy from some other machine. Winodws has it's own tool for checking and replacing system files called the system file checker. But you still need a Windows disk for it to check files and replace them. Microsoft Corporation

You would need either a supplied Windows recovery disk for a prebuilt system, an upgrade, or full version disk to see the I386 folder found there. To run the system file checker it will prompt for the disk if you don't have one in the drive in order to verify system files first and then scan for any corrupted or missing.

You would need either a supplied Windows recovery disk for a prebuilt system, an upgrade, or full version disk to see the I386 folder found there. To run the system file checker it will prompt for the disk if you don't have one in the drive in order to verify system files first and then scan for any corrupted or missing.

if you have an I386 folder, all you need is a bartpe cd to reinstall windows. I would back the I386 folder up to an usb hdd, but you don't have to.

you then boot off of the bartpe cd, then you head to the system 32 winnt.exe (correct me if I wrong about the file name warez) or setup.exe file. now if the window installer starts, exit it, as you will come back to it later. head to your C drive. delete your program file folder and your windows folder (delete your documents and settings folder if you don't want them, if you want them, rename the folder to old ). now restart the install. follow the direction until you are done.

when windows is done, copy the old folder to your new documents folder.

come to think about it, you can run a repair this way too, you just have run through the installation procedure first

sry for not responding, been busy with work around the house n call for employment n stuff.

i have, believed to be, a pirated Windows XP Pro CD-RW disc, reason i say that is because it's just an ordinary disc with Windows XP Pro setup on it but no CD-key. My oldest bro's friend didnt give me the CD-key n of course doesnt really care about my computer, niether of them actually, so............ya.

right now im using another computer for everyday use, could i find the i386 folder this way, copy it, then place it in my external HDD.

EDIT:

found the i386 folder on this computer's HDD, now should i copy it n move it to my external HDD or to my internal HDD in my computer to see if it works?

sry for not responding, been busy with work around the house n call for employment n stuff.

i have, believed to be, a pirated Windows XP Pro CD-RW disc, reason i say that is because it's just an ordinary disc with Windows XP Pro setup on it but no CD-key. My oldest bro's friend didnt give me the CD-key n of course doesnt really care about my computer, niether of them actually, so............ya.

right now im using another computer for everyday use, could i find the i386 folder this way, copy it, then place it in my external HDD.

EDIT:

found the i386 folder on this computer's HDD, now should i copy it n move it to my external HDD or to my internal HDD in my computer to see if it works?

I think think the simplest thing to do is to download an XP key from torrents for not bothering and ofcourse reformat the HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom