Middle if building, need help please!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dio1080

In Runtime
Ok guys, I have my CPU and Fan installed on the motherboard and the power supply and the mother board installed onto the case. Now, when it comes to connecting the case wires to the mother board, the instuctions doesn't explained it very well, the online guide doesn't either. So far I believe I got the specker connector, Hard drive Led, Reset SW, power sw and usb switch in the right place. BUT, where in the world do I place the HD audio, the AC'97, and the 1394 plugs. Also there is a green/white wire that has both a +/- and have no clue for that either.

This is the case: Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-WW Black/Silver Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

This is the mother board:
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

I'll be gone for2 of hours and will be back to finish the build, I hope somebody can help me or at least show me the way. Thanks.

You take the front panel audio connector from the case, and connect it to the header on the motherboard, that says JAUDIOF1. It should be to the lower left hand side of the motherboard. The green and white wire, is for the power LED.

so just go ahead and leave the the AC'97, and the 1394 plugs unplugged because the manual says nothing about either one of them.

whats another name for 1394 on the motherboard? Is it a IEEE fire wire? If so, its not on the board. I checked all over and is it safe to leave some of those case wires unplugged?

Is it important, like what does it do, I looked it up in wikipedia but was way to much to understand....

It's just another way to interface devices with your puter...it's an option to USB ports.

If you don't have any firewire devices then it's no biggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom