How much powersource does this card need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 10, thank you
Fine, lets pretend that this guys a retard
Heres the definition for retard, its the second one if you can't figure it out

First off, the power source is called a psu (power supply unit) when it is used for computers.
Your keyboard, monitor, mouse, etc. is connected to something called a computer tower (case).
It has 6 sides: 5 you can see because one is the bottom.
If you would, refer to your manual and learn how to open your case
When you do so, there will be a small metal power box near the top towards the back.
Theres a label on the box.

Ok take a break, and try to reconcentrate. This might be getting too complicated.

Since you are "INCOMPETENT" with computers, how will you be able to install a graphics card?

Back to the topic: On the label, there should be a small chart with voltages and its amperage rating: the amount of power it can supply at one time.
Depending on the situation, most graphics cards would use a 12v supply line.
As "rx7i2" said, we would like to know what the amperage rating is
the Fortron power supply the people are referring to is this one

For the more visual or illiterate learners, here a picture of a psu and its sticker:
SFfull.jpg

yep peter's right.... those cards... really aren't that high end.... a 330 watt psu could handle that... peter ur only 10?i built my first pc at age 10 too, so did u build ur first system like 8?

Hahahah, I just made him spend 2 hours looking for all that info. Thank you for clarifying, peterhuang913, we all appreciate it so much

Watch what you say Valhera, Peter's after all, a "higher end" person on these forums and us "noobs" shouldn't try "challenge" his extensive knowledge and equally humble attitude.

I have high post count because I post spam all day, right Jumping Bean;)
so stop playing stupid with me, I'm better at that game :D

Watch what you say Valhera, Peter's after all, a "higher end" person on these forums and us "noobs" shouldn't try "challenge" his extensive knowledge and equally humble attitude.

lol ur extensive usage of quotation marks made me smile lol :), but if u tell us what ur current psu is (btw this is for the thread maker) we can confirm

Peter, I challenge you to a duel!

More importantly, LOL @ HIGHER END PEOPLE

I'm glad how many posts you have represents the quality of knowledge you possess. I GUESS I'M A RETARD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom