help with 7600 gt gfx card

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
I currently have an emachines T6420 and i have a eVGA 7600 GT. I have a SAGA PSU AX450-PN.

I took the 3DMARK test and the score was 2730.
Im not satisfied with the graphic results I have.

I want to know If I can tweak my gfx card in the most simplest way to optimize the results. I have the latest version of the Nvidia GFX driver.

So If you guys can help me I would appreciate it.

download rivatuner and overclock the card...just make sure the GPU temps stay below 80c or so

if that's 3dmark06 that sounds about right...not only is the 7600GT is a midrange/budget card..but it's getting a bit dated now as well....also the 3200+ CPU is pretty old school as well

Which games to you play and at what resolution do you play?

Im using 06. I've been playin
- Call of Juarez
- Resident Evil 4
- World in Conflict Beta

I usually play them in 1024 X 768. What settings should I be using... and does my score seem legit. And for Riva Tuner how much should I overclock it and how will i figure out if my temp goes over load.

Is their anything I can upgrade on my pc to get way better result.

You can either upgrade the processor, get more ram, or upgrade the graphic card. Upgrading the graphic card, will benefit mostly in gaming, than upgrading the others. You'll notice artifacts or a considerable amount of lag, in games if your graphic card's temp gets too high.

Could I get an estimate or links to the ram and processor i need.
I will put into consideration for a better processor like a Core 2 Duo or maybe Athlon X 2's..depending on the price. And I have 4 slots in total for ram. So is it possible to get 2 sticks of 1 gig ram, so then i would have a total of 3 gb ram.
I was also looking at the Ntune software and there's an option to optimize your pc manually...is that trustable?

Depends on how much you're willing to spend. What would be your budget? And if you're using XP 32-bit, 2gb of ram is optimal.

i think its 32 bit. Its an Athlon 64 3400- Im not sure...ive been using rivatuner to overclock my gfx card, is their a way to have a warning pop up if my card is getting to hot?
And for the budget- I dont want to get something to cheap or too expensive, the best bang for the buck I guess. Maybe around 200-300. I dont know if thats too much or too little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom