3Dmark06 On max settings!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
So you can see my setup in my signature. Now I have the pro editon of 3Dmark06 so I can play around with it. :)

In the screen shot below you can see the programs defualt graphic settings.
This is what it is set on for all the free versions, so naturally most say their score based on these Settings. On those Defualt settings: I got a score of 12304. Which is ok, I guess.

And you can see the defualt settings below.

2000783389043956705_rs.jpg

Now I was wondering what My Score would be On the max settings. Since the Pro editon allows you to change them. As you can see in this screenshot.
2000795257027044597_rs.jpg

Therefore you can see in the third screen shot what my score is below. Of 7659

2000704530917307088_rs.jpg

The score is more than I expected for the highest settings.
Now I didn't change any of the options under rendering, because I don't know if they would increase the strain on the Card or not. So I will do it again if people have suggestions on what to check to make the test more intense..

You got a kick a** system there. The pro version also has sound and stuff, during the tests right?

In the game section I believe (Button on right). I don't know if there is in the actual test as I have never had my headphones on.

Those results seem a little low. I have a GTX too and I did a test on max settings and if I recall correctly, I think I got more in the 9*** range. Plus I have a resolution of 1680x1050. Don't quote me on this or anything, I will have to run the test again but I just found that interesting.

But you have a quad core. I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes though.

Ahh thats true, I didn't think about that I also have my RAM OC'ed to 1100 MHz, maybe that makes a difference too. I thought it was mostly GFX performance though.

Ya, I didn't know how much weight that benchmark had on the score. I'll do my test again once I get some stupid trojan off of my computer. That's my main focus right now, its a pain in my ***.

very nice....

I'd run it at 1280x1024 though as that's what the standard in 3dmark06 really is....makes it easier to compare.

yea... the default resolution is 1280x1024, not 1152x864.

Also, 1280x1024 is a higher resolution than 1440x900 ;)

Leave all the shaders on PS3 for highest stress. I don't think it lets you do the HDR tests if you drop them to PS2 anyway.

@ferrari, yes, the quadcore makes a huge difference in the CPU test. What is your average framerate in the 2nd one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom