New Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieo

Baseband Member
so i got a nre mobo its an Asus P6GDC-V Deluxe and i was just wondering that it says its an LGA775 socket mobo for intel Pentium 4/Celeron but i was just wondering if thats all i could put in it or could i get a different socket 775 cpu like an intel duo core or am i just able to use a P4 and celeron. and if those are the only ones what would be a goo cpu i was looking at Intel Pentium 4 640 3.2Ghz 2MB Cache 800 FSB Socket 775 HyperThreading Processor with Fan BX80547PG3200F at TigerDirect.com

what you guys think?

If it says P4/Celeron, than that's all you can put.

Siddanth,
I searched that model, and nothing came up. He might of typed it wrong or something.

alright well thats alright i guess im going to get Intel Pentium 4 640 3.2Ghz 2MB Cache 800 FSB Socket 775 HyperThreading Processor with Fan BX80547PG3200F at TigerDirect.com how does that look? also would i want to buy a dif heatsink and fan for that cpu or just use the one they give me?

and also im looking for a nice case under the $50 budget. power supply is not an issue i got my own im going to use i just want a nice case maybe a little cool looking that is durable and also one that has front usb and audio ports. i was looking at this one what you think?
PowerUp Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB and Audio Ports and 450-Watt Power Supply TC3J-4050 at TigerDirect.com

I guess that's ok, since you got that motherboard already. And like Siddanth asked. Can you show a link of the motherboard you got?....because I can't find it.

You don't need to buy a different HSF, if you're not overclocking. But I know Prescotts run hot. So if you don't mind, you can get an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro for $19.99 at svc.com:
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler for LGA775
....wow last time I saw this at svc.com, it was $23.99

I would suggest this case instead:
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-WW Black/Silver Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
The case you picked, doesn't have any fans included. This one does.

And if you're in the US, buy from newegg.com....Their service is far better than tigerdirect.

yea im going to get the 3.2 one. alright here are all the parts im going to get so far. i just need a cd drive im looking for a cd dvd burning for a pretty cheap price any suggestions.

Case: Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-WW Black/Silver Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
Hard Drive: Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST380815AS 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Memory: Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
CPU: Newegg.com - Intel Pentium 4 641 Cedar Mill 3.2GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 EM64T Processor - Retail

and then the motherboard i got.

i know that i could get more ram and a bigger hard drive but those seem to be sufficient for what i need. i will lso eventually get a nice video card just got to wait till i get some more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom