Windows XP Dx10 Compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay i have gamed in Vista since it was RC1. I have lost only 4 FPS tops in a game. I dont know where you think gaming is so bad. And you know what...I have a nVidia 6800. So it doesnt suck for nVidia users.

Ohh yeah Nero has always worked in Vista as well.

Never.

Windows XP is not and will not ever be DX10 compatable. DX10 is for Vista only. M$ has said this for the longest time now.

Direct X 10 will be Vista only
DirectX 10 to be Vista-only (in case you didn't know)
X-bit labs - Microsoft Will Not Release DirectX 10 for Windows XP – ATI.

We all know that Microsoft has decided to make the latest version of DirectX 10 Windows Vista only most likely to drive more sales to the new operating systems. Some independent developers have decided to create a working version of DirectX 10 for Windows XP with the goal to run any application that requires DirectX 10 also on that operating system.
The current release is a alpha release and probably only interesting for developers or coders. The plan is however to support the two games that have been released for Vista only. Halo 2 and Shadowrun are the two games that can only be installed and played using Windows Vista at the moment.
It is very likely that Microsoft will support even more games that will be published for Vista only. I would not advise anyone to install the preview yet but bookmark the page and be the first when a first official version will be released that supports the games. You can download the preview from the Falling Leaf website and keep yourself informed at the official Alky Project blog.

Warex that DX10 conversion only allows for people to run a couple of DX10 demos in XP. I have already tried it. It doesn work that good at all. There is some major factors still missing with the conversion.

So even if you try to get DX10 for XP using that method mentioned above you will still not be running DX10. It isnt for practical use. It is only for testing purposes.

just "download" vista, i feel flames coming now... who cares! bill gates makes over 100,000k in one day, so a few hundred isnt gona hurt him...

lol... u might get banned for saying that.... but thats most ppl are thinking.... except me.... i like my legit XP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom