Let's see what a 6000+ can do

Status
Not open for further replies.
word up apokalipse. great oc, man. keep pushin it. what speed do you have your ram set to?
I'm not using a divider with it; at 3.4GHZ, my RAM runs at 452MHZ (DDR2-906). This is with 2.25V and 4-4-4-12 timings.

My RAM is 2x1GB A-Data DDR2-800, with stock timings of 5-5-5-18. It's doing pretty nicely, I'd say.

Anyway, I'm able to run it at 3.4GHZ, prime95 stable, with 1.5V

at 3.5GHZ, I have to increase the voltage to at least 1.55 in order to run 3dmark05/06 properly, and at least 1.6V if I want to run prime95 for a while, though after a few minutes it will get errors.

So it looks like I need to burn in the CPU more, if I want it to be stable past 3,5GHZ. Either that or get vapour phase change cooling. But I don't have enough money for that.

I'm really liking how my motherboard is handling things, though. I couldn't ask for more from this motherboard.

Superpi is not a strength of AMD, but I'm consistently getting </=25 seconds in 1M at 3.4GHZ

Superpi is not a strength of AMD, but I'm consistently getting </=25 seconds in 1M at 3.4GHZ

Not bad, not bad. My E43 at 3.4GHz gets 16.813s.

The AMD chips are starting to look really nice now that the price has dropped down.

i never have pulled less than 30 seconds on superpi. grrrr.
could you be getting the errors in p95 from the ram running too tightly?
I don't think so. I tried limiting it to 667, to see how far my CPU could go. It didn't make a difference.

As it stands, I'll just try burning in the CPU (also, the AS5 needs to settle in)

I'll also need to replace the water in my watercooling system. There's a few spots of algae on the side of the reservior (not much, but there really shouldn't be any).
I'll also try looking up other coolants. ATM I'm using some blue coolant from Cooler Master.

Coolant & Dye
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Cooler Master SAG-K1-U2 Liquid Cooling Thermal Conductivity Fluid. Anti-Freezing, High Resistance, Anti-Corrosive, Anti-Bacteria. As used in the CoolerMaster Aquagate Cooling System.[/FONT][/FONT]
any recommendations are welcome. I'd prefer it to be blue, to match my case theme.

You seriously gonna do this everytime maroon? there are many tests with many different variables and all different results you can't just use 1 and say thats the right one.
Welcome to AnandTech.com [ Article: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+: Competing with Aggressive Pricing]

In the website you posted they have done 20 benchmark test. E6600 won in 12 of them and 6000+ won in 8 tests

I posted two websites in my previous post and E6600 won in the majority of benchmarks. In other word, three websites are showing that E6600 is overall better.

more tests and showing that some areas AMD is better and the Intel one is better at some other places too. All of this at stock speeds of course

I never said that AMD 6000+ can't beat it in some of the tests.

I don't have problem if you say that 6000+ performs on par with E6600. Because the difference between those two is pretty small.

However, I was replying to "vernong1992" who claimed that 6000+ might perform on par with a e6600 or even beat it. And this is totally wrong, because it is completely the opposite. The words "or even beat it" has shocked me

However, even if we suppose that 6000+ performs on par with E6600. E6600 would still be the better choice for consumers since it consume much less power, and overclocks much better. And it cost the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom