Recommend me a power supply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah 2 is pretty much out of the question. But i added one more that i found earlier. So choose between 1, 3, 4.

i like fortron, and its rohs, even though it doesnt improve performance, but its good for the environment... and i like that. so go with either 3... itd go

the pc power and cooling
the corsair
the fortron

dont get me wrong, its VERY close, but the fortron may die before the other ones... so thats why its last. pc power and cooling is one of the best, if not, the best brand for psus... i think vernong said they merged with ocz now... the corsair one is good, but only 520watts, but 12v is very good.

For that system you won't need more than 500w of clean stable power. So taking into consideration a few years from now I say a good 550-600w PSU is what you want for single GPU solutions.

The PCP&C Silencer surely is amazing as is the Corsair 520 and 620HX. However If I were you I would look more into one of these

Newegg.com - FSP Group (Fortron Source) FX600-GLN ATX12V, V2.2/EPS12V, V2.91, 600W RoHS Quad. SLi Power Supply 100 - 240 V CB, CE, CSA, TUV, UL, FCC - Retail

Pretty cheap and just what you need. However if not then one of the Corsair, or a Silverstone.

So the corsair is pretty good then? I have never heard of them as being a good psu company....but i guess they are. If the corsair and the fsp are the same price, the fsp would have more power but the corsair would be more stable right?

OCZ are pretty good but they have MASSIVE ripple. The 12's change voltage like crazy which isn't really that dangerous but can be bad on some systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom