Drive Problems of a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF06

In Runtime
"I, finally, get my external hard disk back from my friend and when I plug it in, I receive an error message.

screenshot248os1.png

My reaction is to think nothing of it because I can access the external drive in another way. I go on with my work. But when I browse my folders, everything seems to be distorted and illegible.

screenshot249bq4.png

At this point, I run a virus scan (AVG Free) and the log shows that there is nothing wrong/ that nothing was found that was potentially dangerous. I run a spyware scan (Spybot Search & Destroy) and fix a few problems that showed up, but the problem was no where close to a resolution, the fixes seemed to have no effect.

A moment later, I receive an error message stating that I have only 5MB left on my LOCAL disk drive, C. I free some space and realize that the space is constantly depleting although I am not downloading anything to the drive.

I try to scan for viruses again, the log shows that nothing was found.

Any help would be appreciated."

Hopefully, you can help her.

I asked if the depletion continues with the external drive, she tells me it is but she still believes that the external drive is the cause of this predicament.

is this USB? sometimes its just a 3.5" IDE drive in a case with a USB output see if you can take it out. but looks pretty F'd might need reformating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom