3Dmark06 Benchmarks On New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, that's typical. Pretty good score. It's not bad at all. Hey...I'll take it over my 5,666. If you overclock pretty heavily, you could reach near 10k.

Yea, that's typical. Pretty good score. It's not bad at all. Hey...I'll take it over my 5,666. If you overclock pretty heavily, you could reach near 10k.

Really, when it ran the cpu test I was only getting like 1-2 fps... I saw those results and got kinda bummed out...

No, that's normal. It was having the CPU do all the work. No GPU was involved.

So let me get this right. When I OC my cpu I should do in small increments, run this again, if no problems increment some more, and keep doing that until I see some lock ups or reboots then go back to the last stable increase then do the same for my gpu and possilby memory?

All of this with proper cooling of course...

You're mostly right, except for the "run this again" part. To test the stability, you should run either Orthos or StressCPU2, for a good 8-24hrs. The longer you run it, the more stable it is.

So you really have to invest some time into this... Good to know...

I'm sure you have been told before but thank you (and others) for helping noobs like me put together descent systems and preventing us from blowing up our computer desks...

not really with this benchmark, i dont think.
but they are with most applications. but shouldnt your 640mb gpu give you a little higher than that? shan's is the 320mb. i get about the same score on
3dm 06 with my sli 7900gs'. 8K range, stock card speeds.
i haven't tried it with a monster overclock on my cpu and ram as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom