Not open for further replies.

Shane12m

In Runtime
Ok so here is my problem...

I just got a new laptop , it is a Compaq Pressario V6000
with AMD Turion 64x 2 Mobile Technology TL-50 1.60Ghz
958mb of memory
and a Nvidia Geforce Go 6150

And here is what the deal is; I can run WoW(world of warcraft) but its so laggy ...its wierd the mouse isnt ..I can move the mouse fine no lagg but its my character and the environment that laggs bad to where I cant play(can but very annoying) I meet the recommended requirements for this game but I dont know what to do.

If anyone can help me I would be so gratefull!
Thankyou for your time!

Well shane, your problem is very simple, You're running Windows Vista :p

Actually, I am not kidding at all, Windows Vista is a resource hog, and for your computer, I am not surprised that it has that effect.

I don't know how familiar you are with computers or operating systems, but I love Kubuntu, and if you know how to work it, you can get everything you can run in windows, to run in the unix system.

Now, about your mouse, you probably have smooth mouse checked, that's why your mouse moves fine.

I'm sorry to say it, but that system being a compaq (I hate compaq :p) have those specs, and running Windows Vista, it really doesn't surprise me.

Here are some things that could help. Set the resolution lower, Set the effects lower, and if that's still not working for you, I'm stumped.

well, good luck :D

Let me know what happens after you try some of that, maybe I can help a little further once I know more about what's going on (I had a similar problem on my other comp)

Ok well i had changed the resolution in game and the effects but still nothing but do you mean the resolution on desktop?
Well everything runs beautifully but the games

its kinda frustrating but tell me more about this system and stuff : )

I wish they could let you downgrade because this came with premium and maybe basic would run better? But even then I wish I had xp lol

thank

lol, well you're right about the premium and basic thing. I might be wrong, but I think basic is more graphic friendly due to the missing Aero glass effects.

no, I do not mean change resolution on your desktop, I meant in the game, but if that doesn't do anything, I'm stumped. I really don't know what else you can do.

WoW is a very interesting game to run. You can run it on pretty simple PCs, but to run it perfectly, You're gonna need some good shtuff.

I really am not sure, you should be able to run it. Hopefully someone else has some ideas?

well how can I downgrade to Basic or disable that thing???

thanks for responding and helping me though : )

I honestly couldn't tell you, I havn't played with Vista that much, and really don't want to :p

but, I would imagine that Vista would have an option to disable that crappy Aeroglass stuff, but then again, it might not.

Someone who has experience with Vista would have to tell you. Because I have no clue :(

.. I'll stick to Unix based OSes

well i got rid of aero or the settings of it ....now to restart my computer and see how this works...but im getting told that my video card is to carappy to play games .but thats wierd since systemrequirementslab.com shows i meet recomended specs(but not sure how accurate that thing is)

I hope this works and if anyone wants to know how to diable aero you right click your desktop then go to personalize then go to colors and appearance then change the advanced setting there you can change from aero to anything else

well.. hah, your video card is pretty crappy.. but, you should be able to run the game... that is... without vista...

WELL im so happy because it runs perfect now! with a high resolution!

But yeah I knew the card wasnt top notch but it should be able to run just the games I want like WoW Fable Half Life 2 Doom 3 etc maybe FEAR but I doubt
it

I just wanted to thank you for all your help as I am now I happy man I was so frustrated for 4 days now LOL

wow total relief again thanks so much and have a great day!

NICE

I know how it is to not be able to play WoW ;)

lol, i used to be addicted

but no problem, glad it's running ! :D

booo vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom