Help Me Build A New Computer!! Money No Option

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAID 0 is stripping, and it combines 2 hard drives of the same size, to be recognizable as one. It boost performance, because the info is being written and read, from two hard drives at once, instead of one hard drive. Downside is, if one fails, the data on the other hard drive is lost.

RAID 1 is known as mirroring, two hard drives. Or cloning in simple words. This is for security, so if one goes down, you have the other.

You can't RAID your future 250GB HD to your 80GB, because they have to be the same size.

sounds like RAID 1 is better choice n RAID 0 is risky but worth it if u know what ur doing huh? I would gladly do RAID 1 but how easy is it to do it?

i want to RAID 0 my 80GB HDD, but u say that they have to be the same size, well u mean disk capacity size or length the HDD itself?

you could JBOD those two... lol

JBOD? Elaborate if u please.....

omg...lol...That was a joke.

They both have to be the same size, in terms of disk capacity.

omg...lol...That was a joke.

They both have to be the same size, in terms of disk capacity.

omg u...........*slaps b1gapl across head* dont do that, i take things literally, especially online chat n forums.

but seriously though, disk capacity has to be the same or it wont work? Sounds like "RAID 0" makes the computer think their is one HDD but their is really two, very educational n intriguing.

My friend has 2 80 HDDs, maybe i should convince him to use RAID 0, but i dont want him to mess up though, got a guide for using RAID 0 in case my friend wants to use RAID 0?

Hey it's gurusan you should be slapping....lol...You took his words for it. I'm the one who just told you that, it has to be the same disk capacity. So *Ducks Wildside's slap in time, to redirect it to gurusan's head(who was standing by...laughing at Wildside). But gurusan thought quickly, and ducked as well, in which the hand comes back around to slap Wildside's own face.*

Hey it's gurusan you should be slapping....lol...You took his words for it. I just told you that, it has to be the same disk capacity. So *ducks Wildside's slap in time, to redirect it to gurusan's head(who was standing by...laughing at Wildside)*.

*slap turns into fist then back around to b1gapl*

u started it n now im ending it lol. Seriously though, u know a guide for using or doing RAID 0 to HDDs? Again, my friend has 2 80 GB HDDs n i want to see if he is interested in trying it.

EDIT:

u failed to mention what kind of "size" if capacity or length of HDD, so.....ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom