Monitor display problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-Wheeled Woman

Beta member
Hi there.

I just found this forums site today because I am having problems with my computer monitor.

In short, the monitor screen is not displaying, or showing, all of the "content" and information that it should be. I am trying to post some clips from my new digital camcorder on the internet. The digital camcorder software is installed on my computer, but, to continue putting footage onto my computer, I have to click on some button to continue. This button is "off of the screen" so I can't click on it.

I have tried messing with the buttons found on the bottom front part of the monitor, using two different monitors with the same computer, and going into "settings" I think from right-clicking on the desktop, but to no avail. Is this a computer, monitor, or other problem? Could it be defective software?

Thanks guys.

~Sara, World Champion and EXtreme Unicyclist

Try adjusting the refresh rates ,right click on the desktop , click on properties , click the settings tab .Move the screen resolution slider over to 800x600 or 1024x768 use Color Quality setting 32 bit.From what your discribing it sounds like your settings are to low 640x480 .

It won't let me do that......

when I right click on the desktop and select properties, and then select settings, and try to move the Screen Area bar, it won't let me move it. It is currently set on 640 by 480 pixels. It also won't let me change the colors, which are set on 16 colors.

Thanks guys,
Sara

your computer is only working in basic VGA mode. the drivers for the vid card are not installed. What exactly led up to the situation? Has this been like this all along or just started? What are you specs for your comp?

yea it sounds like your video card is having problems post your system specs MB,VIdeo Card etc ... You need to reinstall your video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom