EXPERTS NEEDED Which computer set up is better ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattchew13

Baseband Member
I have seen two computers that i would like to buy from a store and they are both good for different reasons. so here are both computers specs and you tell which one is better for money and value. also i would be using the computer mainly for browsing the net downloading from torrents and stuff and a bit of gaming and also running vista on it. Give me your opinion which deal is better please I need to know soon.

also would any of these computers be good for a bit of overclocking the the processor??

thank you in advance

P.S
i cant choose between the computers because one has a better graphics card and one has a better processor so keep that in mind when you reply:D

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.67Ghz Cpu
AMD 64-Gigabyte M57SLI-SN nForce 570 SLI AM2 ATX M/B
P4-Asus P5B P965 LGA775 ATX M/B
PNY 2GB (2x1GB) Value Select PC-6400 DDR2-800 RAM
256mb GeForce 8600GTS SLI PCI-Express Video Card
onboard Sound & GBLAN. 6x USB2.0
WD 3200KS 320gb SATAII 16mb cache 7200rpm HDD
BenQ FP222W 22'' 5ms wide lcd Display
Pioneer DVR212 18X dual layer SATA DVD+R
Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 1000 USB
Altech Lansing VS2321 380W ATX Midi Tower Case
Total cost= 1,737.34 USD

Intel Core Duo Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz CPU
Asus p5B P956 PCI-Ex DD2 LGA775 ATX M/B
PNY 2GB (2x1GB) Value Select PC-6499 DDR2-800 RAM
onboard Sound GBLAN PCI-Ex
256mb GeForce 8600GT PCI-Express Video card
WD 3200KS 320GB 16MB Cache 7200rpm SATAII HDD
LG L204WT-SF 20'' 5ms GTG Wide LCD Display
Liteon / LG 18X Dual layer IDE DVD+R DVD+RW Writer
Microsoft Multimedia Desktop Optical Mouse & KeyBoard PS/2
Altec Ansing VS2321 2.1 Speakers system with subwoofer
Antec SLK1650 350W Black midi ATX Case(Front USB
Total Cost=1,812.40 USD

I wouldn't buy either one of them.

Building your own is quite easy and you'll save TONS of money getting exactly the parts you want.

Number 1. doesnt make sense at all "AMD 64-Gigabyte M57SLI-SN nForce 570 SLI AM2 ATX M/B" on a Intel?, and "PNY 2GB (2x1GB) Value Select PC-6400 DDR1-800 RAM" on a DDR2 mobo?

Number 1. doesnt make sense at all "AMD 64-Gigabyte M57SLI-SN nForce 570 SLI AM2 ATX M/B" on a Intel?, and "PNY 2GB (2x1GB) Value Select PC-6400 DDR1-800 RAM" on a DDR2 mobo?

Well sylwek my friend said this AMD 64-Gigabyte M57SLI-SN and nForce 570 SLI AM2 ATX M/B motherboard was actually two seperate motherboards. And i dont really know what you mean on a intel?? would there be any problems running the Core 2 Duo on any of those motherboards???

Matt, nForce 570 SLI AM2 is what the mother board's chipset is and socket type, not a seperate motherboard.

Your builds are not compatible, if you would like some sample builds for the same price, I would be happy and i'm sure some other people would be happy to put some together.

If you want to find more out about building a computer, which includes looking for compatible parts, check around the forums for beginners guides.

And yes, building a computer is ALWAYS cheaper, and a better value, because you get what you want, and ONLY what you want :)

If you would like help, pm me or send me a message on aim :)

edit: if that store really is selling that AMD motherboard in the same machine as that Intel processor, Then I would NOT buy from that store. ;)

if that store really is selling that AMD motherboard in the same machine as that Intel processor, Then I would NOT buy from that store. ;)

...because they are scamming people that dont know about computers and they end up with store credit

mattchew13 your friend might say it comes with 2 separate boards but did he tell you its compatible with the hardware its coming with?

Edit: forgot to mention, NO the intel CPU (Dual core processor) will not be compatible with the AM2 motherboard because the AM2 motherboard has; i believe 940 pins while the Skt 775 is built for only Intel Processors because they only have 775 pins , same goes to the RAM; DDR Ram will not work on DDR2 motherboards because it have 184 pin on the stick while the DDR2 sticks have 240 pins on it

i see now i might not buy from this pc shop because if they are selling systems with in compatiable parts with the systems then wtf??

Is it a private pc shop? Because if it is i advice you to be really careful, ive heard ridiculous stories from friends that they have been charged about 250 just to format a pc or too put in their terms "fix it because it's broken". Much of their cases sounded like they could be solved by using Warez 4 step spyware removal guide. Anyways the point is a lot of these pc shops try to rip people of, because they aren't very knowledgeable with computers.

One bit advice to you is that you go on line to places like Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!, and
TigerDirect.com Super Buys - Computer Parts, PC Components, Desktop Computers, Laptops, Notebooks. And look at the prices for each individual item there and add it all up and see if the place is trying to rip you off. Or if it comes to about the same price id question where they are getting their parts from. Maybe some unreliable source like eBay they may even be used.

But truthfully I'm going to suggest you go online to google.com. And do a lot of searches, that include reviews about a lot of a computers components. And try to learn how to build one. If you learn this now you probably wont have to worry later on in life about buying a software bloated pc from Dell, or an overpriced pc from Voodoo.

Oh yeah and if you take the time to learn about computers you wont be the dumb one at school or work asking how to plug your cpu to your monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom