cooling system help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dio1080

In Runtime
Ok you know us college kids like to leave computers on all the time, I was wondering what type of cooling system I should buy for this build computer, I know I will be on my comp all the time and it wont be shut down as much. (Computer Science major) Also I been staying in dorms that stay hot the whole time with no AC but only fans. I don't want nothing to cheap but also nothing way to high. I been hearing about this July 22 stuff so if there is something good that I can save some good money on, throw it at me.
This is what I have....

Case - Cooler Master Centurion 5
Motherboard - Biostar TForce 550
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Brisbane
RAM - G. Skill 2GB NQs
Graphics - EVGA 7900GS
Power supply - Rosewill RP550V2-D-SL 550W
Hard drive - Seagate 320GB 16mb cache
Optical drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner

I don't have them put together yet but waiting on my DVD burner and Monitor to come in. Thanks

Nevermind guys, i don't even know how this thing is going to perform, I'll just go ahead and wait till Aug or next summer, but thanks to whoever went on newegg to do any research anyway.

Ehh, I would recommend you build an intel based computer. especially if your waiting til august now to build it. july 22nd the C2D's are gonna get even cheaper and they way outperform amd cpu's.

but about your cooling, unless you are going to overclock that computer, i dont think you need to worry about additional cooling. that case is pretty good with keeping things cool. but if you think you will need it, i would say just upgrade your case fans or even get a cpu fan or something.

lol, well I already order the parts and some of them are here in my house right now, I'll just keep that in mind when I upgrade or do a new build in the future. thanks anyway.

I planning on gaming when Diablo 3 comes out, but that is not till summer 08 so this build should last me a good while till then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom