Help Me Build A New Computer!! Money No Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok, first of all, don't get any of the GPU superclocked crap, you're better off burning your money. Just get the regularly clocker versions and you can OC them to the same level as the 'SUPERCLOCKED' versions....for free.

Also, if you're into hardcore gaming and overclocking get an e6600 over a q6600 for now, as the e6600 is more overclockable, runs cooler, and is probably better for gaming as of now. But don't quote me on this after July 22nd...

For RAM, you're definately going to want to go with the G.SKILL HZ's...they're bombastic.

They're alot of good cases out there, mine is the Antec 900 and I love it...keeps everything super cool.

In terms of HDDs I'd go for one 10k RPM 74GB one to put your OS and games on, and then a 7200.10 500GB or however large you want for everything else.

Hope this helps.

Ok, first of all, don't get any of the GPU superclocked crap, you're better off burning your money. Just get the regularly clocker versions and you can OC them to the same level as the 'SUPERCLOCKED' versions....for free.

Also, if you're into hardcore gaming and overclocking get an e6600 over a q6600 for now, as the e6600 is more overclockable, runs cooler, and is probably better for gaming as of now. But don't quote me on this after July 22nd...

For RAM, you're definately going to want to go with the G.SKILL HZ's...they're bombastic.

They're alot of good cases out there, mine is the Antec 900 and I love it...keeps everything super cool.

In terms of HDDs I'd go for one 10k RPM 74GB one to put your OS and games on, and then a 7200.10 500GB or however large you want for everything else.

Hope this helps.

nicely said :)

Hope this helps.

why wouldn't he get the superclocked with a huge budget like that? Save himself the and effort of doing it himself.

Q6600 is better, its just more expensive, but again that isn't much of an issue for him. Regardless of July 22nd, the Q6600 is better just more expensive before that date.

OR....

Case - Thermaltake Armor or Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 or Antec 900
Motherboard - ASUS P5N32-E SLI or MSI P6N Platinum or a Bearlake chipset
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600($270 on July 22) or E6600
RAM - 2 x 1GB G.Skill DDR2-800 HZs
Graphics - EVGA 8800GTX(x2 for SLI if you have the money and play at extreme resolutions)
Power Supply - Corsair 620HX
Hard drive - Seagate 7200.10 320GB 16mb cache(x2 if you want to RAID them) or Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 16mb cache(x2 for RAID 0)
Optical Drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner
Optional Sound card - Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty or X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1(Cheaper)
Optional aftermarket CPU cooler - Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme edition(No fan included) or Tuniq 120(Cheaper)

I don't think this pc wannabe is going to answer back.

OR....

Case - Thermaltake Armor or Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 or Antec 900
Motherboard - ASUS P5N32-E SLI or MSI P6N Platinum or a Bearlake chipset
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600($270 on July 22) or E6600
RAM - 2 x 1GB G.Skill DDR2-800 HZs
Graphics - EVGA 8800GTX
Power Supply - Corsair 620HX
Hard drive - Seagate 7200.10 320GB 16mb cache(x2 if you want to RAID them) or Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 16mb cache(x2 for RAID 0)
Optical Drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner
Optional Sound card - Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty or X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1(Cheaper)
Optional aftermarket CPU cooler - Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme edition(No fan included) or Tuniq 120(Cheaper)

that looks like a very nice build...if money weren't an option I'd get a 8800 Ultra though as it clocks a bit higher due to the slightly redesigned gpu chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom