The world filled with widescreen LCDs!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With LCD monitors I'm forced to run whatever games at the native resolution, unless I watch the images to be all stretchy and messed up right?

Exactly...

You should see some of the videos they posted with surround gaming.

Exactly...

You should see some of the videos they posted with surround gaming.

Yeah althought it definately gives a advantage in terms of viewing radius, the stretch is too ugly. Notice the differance in widescreen between the new games and old. New games offer more viewing with minimal stress while old games ( like Warcraft 3 ) just stretch the screen out and offer no viewing advantage.

Some people still play old games.There are very good games that don't support wide-screen.

dam straight... like halo :) but i think theres a patch on halomaps.org for halo ce players who want that extra view on the game......

On that widescreen forum site, that the Major posted earlier, there was a section devoted to patches and fixes, to get games to work in widescreen.

i'll look there thx... mayy need that edge on yoyorast island when ppl fall down the chasms and i tag em' a bit for a freee kill

With LCD monitors I'm forced to run whatever games at the native resolution, unless I watch the images to be all stretchy and messed up right?

yeah pretty much. However running at a different resolution isn't as bad as you think...stuff isn't "stretchy and messed up"...it's just that images are fuzzy and not very clear.

yeah pretty much. However running at a different resolution isn't as bad as you think...stuff isn't "stretchy and messed up"...it's just that images are fuzzy and not very clear.

That doesn't really offer anymore re-assurance :p 1680 x 1050 for life it is! going with Viewsonic 22" VX2255wmb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom