Help Me Build A New Computer!! Money No Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pc_Wanabe

Solid State Member
Hi everyone :)

Ok, so for most of my life ive lived with crappy computers and right now im sick of it. The computer im suing right now has ddr sd ram 256mb and a 3ghz p4 cpu.

Ive been saving up for a while and my grand total for a top of the line gaming computer is £10000 or $20000, Thats the most i would ever spend.

i know alot about computers, ive been building them as a child, i just need to know about parts.

if you can help that would be great. Thanks

P.S remember i want a gaming build, not some server lol

WTF how do u people end up having so much money? You want to spend 20,000 on a computer?...save that money for a car sheesh...

You only need about 3,000 max to build the top of the line computer right now ( thats if your building it ), if your buying from one of those ridiculously overpriced people like alien ware, you'lll prob end up spending double that for the same system specs. Either way, don't blow 20k on a computer ( I don't even think thats possible, althought those falco northwest computers CAN get ridiculously overpriced ).

lol....I can see HAVOC on the floor holding his stomach right now.

Please don't pull a khan or an End187 on us. Are you guys related or something? And didn't we just have a thread like this? I think psp_crazy1 posted it. A guy with $20k for a build?! I know it's your money, but for christ sake!....you only need $2-3k to build a high-end computer. Spend $20k on a computer now, and it's outdated in a month.

Anyway, if you want a gaming build, heres what I would suggest:

CPU - Q6600 on July 22 or if you can't wait, an e6600

RAM - 2gb of DDR2-800 G. Skill HZs....please don't tell me you need 4-8gb of ram(unless you're doing CAD or graphics design) that is DDR2-10000....2gb of DDR2-800 is all you need to game

Motherboard - MSI P6N Platinum or a Bearlake chipset

Graphics - EVGA 8800GTX (SLI if you are playing at extreme resolutions)

Power supply - Corsair 620HX power supply....you don't need any more power than this

Hard drive - RAID 0 two Seagate 7200.10 320GB hard drives, or RAID 0 two Samsung Spinpoint 500GB hard drives.

Optical drive - Any DVD burner will do.

Sound card - This is optional....go for an X-Fi.

Aftermarket cooling - Optional....either the Tuniq 120 or Thermalright Ultra-120 extreme edition w/ a fan

Case - You pick the case. I would suggest a full tower.

Monitor - Samsung 22" 226BW

This stuff comes to like $2-3k depending on which options you go with.

10k GBP?

errm.....if you have that much money to spend on a PC you're either very rich or you have serious mental problems (or both).

Either way...you don't need that much money for a serious gaming PC.

basically everything b1gapl said. agen anything over 4g is too much to spend. how long do u ppl save up to wanna spend 20 000! im surprised u didnt just get one prebuilt ie alien ware. this is build i would recommend.

ram - gskill HZ's 2gb ddr800
cpu: q6600 or e6600
cooler: thermalright 120 ultra with fan
sound card: x-fi fatal1ty progamer
case: antec 900
hd: seagate 320gbx2 raid 0
gfx: 8800gtx
dvd: pioneer drives are good.
MB: msi platnium p35
keyboard: g15 gaming keyboard
mouse: g7 or g5 gaming mouse
monitor: benq 22"